RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyor) is a recognized world-wide Anglo-Saxon organisation. London is home to their international headquarters. Today RICS has about 140 000 members.
RICS was founded in 1868 and represents the customer’s interests in accordance with the
RICS code of ethics.
RICS is considered as a body committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity in land, property and construction.
Mr Pascal Asselinhas been a chartered surveyor since 2010, having followed a « senior professional» course. He leads the «French» workshop of the construction economists.
UNTEC, the only French Union representing construction economists, was created in 1972. With 650 consultancy firms in France and overseas, UNTEC can be seen as a showcase for the profession. UNTEC initiated the collective agreement for construction economists and a code of ethics recognized by the public administration. UNTEC gives the opportunity to all employees to update and strengthen their skills through a training plan.
Mr Pascal Asselin has been member of UNTEC since 1998 and was national Vice-President in charge of partnership and foreign relations, and President of the Ile-de-France region.
The CEEC was formed at the initiative of both our Anglo-Saxon partners and UNTEC 30 years ago.
The CEEC registered office is located in the UNTEC buildings.
Affiliate members are from :
- Czech Republic
Each nation is represented by one or more professional organisations (for example, RICS and BICS in England, and UNTEC in France).
The estimated overall number of construction economists working throughout Europe is about 90,000 (Cost Engineer, Building Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor...). During general meetings, conferences are organized and open to the public. Experts from several countries share their experience and provide an accurate and global view of the activity in Europe. Mr Pascal Asselin became President of the CEEC in May 2012.
OPQTECCOPQTECC is the body of qualification for construction economists
- Determines the professional ability of economists, coordinators and construction programmers, so that they can exercise their jobs in reliable administrative and technical conditions. Therefore, they are able to satisfy the customers’ needs (costs as well as quality of service).
- Studies with vigilance the official education programmes of the profession. Where necessary, it suggests changes in order to meet the relevant criteria for qualification of the professional working in economy, coordination and programming for construction and building management.
- Validates training sessions that are necessary for renewing qualifications, on the basis of criteria reported in the rules of procedure. It informs all parties concerned.
- Attributes the qualification of « Professional of construction economy, of coordination or programming» to any natural or legal person who meets the criteria reported in the rules of procedure. Those qualifications involve the issuance of a certificate of professional qualification. This certificate is renewable according to the rules of procedure and has a personal number.
- Informs all parties concerned, by all appropriate means (official publications, yearbooks...)
- Draws up rules of procedures decided by the board of directors. Those rules are necessary to know exactly the conditions to grant qualifications and certificate of professional qualifications.
- Ensures that the code of ethics of construction economists is respected.
ASSELIN ECONOMISTES has been OPQTECC-standard qualified for more than 15 years.